Poetry of a Conlanger

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Nuclear Fallout

I thank you for your honesty,
I'm sure it served you well.
In keeping your life stable,
And throwing mine into a hell.

I beg thee not to worry,
Revenge's not on my mind.
I'm still trying to figure out
How I feel about your kind.
Your story had consumed me,
I'd made it part of mine,
And now you'd have me weep,
And forget in such little time.
In short, I'll keep my anger locked,
All safe and neat and clean.
And be calm and cool near you,
Trying not to release the mean.

1 Comments:

  • Poet's Note: This is my first and only rhyming poem, and one of my most angry and sarcastic ones. In order to get the ryming in, some of the lines are kind of lame...sorry about that.

    By Blogger delalyra, at 5/22/2005 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home